Seed cycling is using “food as medicine” by simply eating different types of seeds at different times in your cycle to support hormonal balance. This creamy superfood oatmeal recipe satisfies my taste buds, supports hormonal balance, and fuels my ride. A winning combo for us ladies.
- 1 cup oats
- 2 cups oat milk
- 2 tbs coconut cream
- 1 tbs MCT Oil (I like the 310 Nutrition because it mixes well and is a less expensive option)
- 1 apple (or any fruit you prefer)
- 1 tbs of one of these seeds —flax, pumpkin, sunflower, sesame (this article will explain which seed to eat in your cycle phase)
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- 1 tsp hemp hearts (shelled hemp seed)
- ¼ tsp liquid stevia (or your preferred sweetener)
- 1 tbs Trail Butter Nut Butter (my favorite is the maple & sea salt)
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- Peel and dice the apple. Set half aside for garnish (if you like a crunch, otherwise cook all).
- Heat oat milk, coconut cream, diced apples, nutmeg, and oats. Cook on medium/low.
- Add chia seeds, cycling seed, and hemp hearts, and cook slowly. Add sweetener.
- Once cooked, if done slowly it will be creamy. If not, add a little more oat milk.
- Garnish with the other half of the apples, nut butter, and cinnamon.