Trail Butter is one of our favorite trail snacks, but we also enjoy it in many of our recipes. Here’s a recipe for a favorite off-the-bike snack that is simple to make. It’s a delicious flourless, spicy, sugar cane-free alternative to a traditional peanut butter cookie that will satisfy any sweet tooth. This recipe is especially geared towards those who don’t consume dairy, sugar cane, and peanuts. Plus it’s gluten-free, peanut-free, paleo, and keto-friendly.
- 1 cup Trail Butter Spiced Chai
- 1/2 cup monk fruit sweetener
- 1 egg
For those who aren’t familiar with monk fruit sweetener, it’s a natural, stevia blend. It looks and feels like sugar, and the best part? It does NOT leave you with a bitter aftertaste, something which many stevia blends possess. It also bakes VERY well.
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Combine all the ingredients in a large bowl and mix well.
3. Using a cookie scoop or your hands, form small balls on the cookie sheet, spreading 3-4 inches apart. Press each ball into a cookie shape and press down with a fork.
4. Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until cookies are ‘just’ golden brown but still soft. Remove from the oven and allow to cool until soft, firm, and chewy.
Store the cookies in a sealed container. They do travel well and can be brought on any adventure.
Trail Butter is available in single-use 1.5oz packets and 4.5oz packets for use on the trail, as well as 16oz jars for use at home and cooking. Learn more at Trailbutter.com or get some on Amazon.com.