Bend has been blowing up with its reputation for sweet trails, and now has a Super D event on the schedule. Only three hours from Portland, the course is 8 miles long, with 1500 feet of descending, and only 300 feet of climbing. It sounds pretty damn sweet to me, and it is the perfect excuse to check out Bend’s riding scene.
Here’s the scoop:
Sunday, September 19, 2010
- Limit to 150 racers
- Free shuttles for competitors Sunday from 8-4
- Free spectator shuttles from Wanoga to Finish line and back
- Prises to top three in each category
- Orbra License required, available at registration
- Online registration open until Sept 17
For more info, check out BendSuperD.com
Check out a preview of the course:
On a side note, Ih8bikes is officially a sponsor of the race- make sure to check out the event t-shirt, (in addition to the illustration for the event flyer) designed by yours truly.